New Initiatives of the Hill Schools
May 31, 2022
Considering the importance of enhancing the spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical well-being of students, teachers, and parents, the principals of Notre Dame Schools of Rimbick, Sumbuck, and Kainjalia organized a seminar on ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam Reawakening’. The resource person was Sr. Mary Jyotisha SND.
Sister Mary Jyotisha motivated the teachers to educate the students to be better human beings by imparting spiritual values to their lives and helping them to care for mother earth, our common home. She urged the teachers to help their students to respect and love everyone in this common home as their brothers and sisters. She encouraged the teachers to give hope to the students and inspire them to be spiritual beings thus bringing transformation to our world. On the following day, the program was organized for the parents and students. The guided Loving Kindness Meditation helped the participants to cultivate positive thinking which generates compassion, kindness, acceptance, and love for oneself and others. The seminar indeed assisted them in how to promote positive thinking in their lives and look at everything and everyone with positivity which helps them to keep the right relationship with God, themselves, others, and nature. The parents appreciated the seminar and commended that the seminar was the need of the hour to save our Mother Earth and humanity. We are indeed grateful to Sr. Jyotisha for her generous sharing of spiritual wisdom with our students, parents, and teachers and for helping them to grow as integrated persons vibrating positivity to build better humanity for a fraternal world.
Based on this significant seminar all the staff along with the Principals made a JPIC action plan for their schools which are as follows:
- Encourage students to meditate for at least 5-10 minutes of the Loving-Kindness Meditation every day.
- Praying every day for humanity, asking for peace, love, brotherhood, and harmony.
- Include interfaith dialogue in Value Education classes- educate and give input to the students twice a year.
- Introduce Fundamental Rights and Duties to the students.
- Make available four waste containers, Green for Biodegradable, Yellow for Non-Degradable, Blue for E-Waste, and Red for Harmful Waste.
- Encourage the students to do charity for others or even help their own parents with their savings.
Srs. Mary Leena Margaret, Supriya and Carmel