Germany ~ Coesfeld
Established 2008 (Originally founded in 1850)
Merger of Mülhausen, Coesfeld, and Vechta Provinces
The title, “Sisters of Notre Dame of Coesfeld,” distinguishes our congregation from the many other Sisters of Notre Dame. On Süring Street in Coesfeld, Hilligonde Wolbring and Elisabeth Kühling gathered the first group of needy children whose parents were unable to care for them. As the number of children grew, St. Annatal, a large estate that was a former convent became their new home on April 2, 1850.
From Coesfeld, the sisters spread to other parts of Germany, including Mülhausen and Vechta, which later became provinces. In 1950, the centennial year of the congregation, Superior General Mother Mary Vera purchased an estate across the street from the site of war-damaged St. Annatal to serve as the provincial center of the Coesfeld province and to re-establish our congregation in Coesfeld.
A new provincial house was constructed called “Kloster Annenthal” (in remembrance of the old “St. Annatal”) where the sisters had been living since 1978.
In 2008, the Mülhausen, Coesfeld, and Vechta provinces merged to form one German province of the Sisters of Notre Dame centered in Coesfeld, the birthplace of our Congregation.
The Province celebrates August 22, the Feast of the Queenship of Mary, as its Patronal Feast.
- Care of the Elderly
- Food Service
- Formation for Religious Life
- Health Care
- Homes for Students, Working Women, Children, and Youth
- Hospice Work
- Hospital Pastoral Ministry
- Mission Work in Uganda
- Pastoral Ministry
- Social Work
- Vocation Awareness Programs
- Work with Handicapped People
- Youth Ministry
Schwestern Unserer Lieben Frau
Gerlever Weg 33
Phone: 025 41/72 08-300
Schwester Maria Christina Drees, SND – firstname.lastname@example.org
Schwester Maria Elisabeth Siegbert, SND – email@example.com
Schwester Maria Egina Kordes, SND – firstname.lastname@example.org
Sr. Josefa Maria Bergmann, SND – email@example.com
Visit the Sisters of Notre Dame in Coesfeld, Germany