India ~ Bangalore
The Bangalore province of the Sisters of Notre Dame was established in southern India in 2004 by the Sisters of the Patna, India, province. The Bangalore province was formed due to the growth of our ministries and of our SND Congregation in India, in addition to the travel distances across the country. Sisters from the Bangalore province currently minister in the following states: Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Odisha, Tamil Nadu and Telangana in 16 communities. The Sisters also minister in collaboration with parishes and like-minded NGOs (DIN) in the fields of Education and pastoral and catechetical out – reach programmes to people in the peripheries.
The Province celebrates May 31st, the Feast of Our Lady of the Visitation, as its Patronal Feast.
- Catechetical and Pastoral Ministry
- Socio-Pastoral Ministry
- Faith formation for adults
- Adoption of Narigutte village by the Province for empowerment, providing sanitation facilities, electrification and sending the children to nearby schools.
- Collaborating with “Angel Home” orphanage for after school coaching classes and providing nutritious food
- Collaborating with the dioceses and Caritas in building homes for people affected by natural calamities/floods/cloud bursts.
- Coordination in Organizing Basic Christian Communities
- Formation for Religious Life
- Foster Home for 8 little girls in difficult situations
- Health Care/Medical Ministries
- Hostels for students & working women
Sisters of Notre Dame
Our Lady of the Visitation Province
70 Palace Road
Bangalore 560 001
Sister Mary Madhuja, SND – firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit the Sisters of Notre Dame in Bangalore, India
Our Lady of the Visitation Province Website