Our Mission in Mozambique, 2014
February 27, 2014
At the request of Bishop Francisco Silota, 4 Brazilian Missionaries came to Mozambique in 1993 in order to train leaders for Evangelization and health care. At the beginning they lived in Marera. After some time, more sisters arrived and we could form two local communities.
Today we are happy to have 2 junior sisters, three postulants (in Tanzania), candidates and aspirants in Chimoio, Mozambique.
Now 6 sisters live in the community “Mai a Murungu” (Mother of God) at Jécua and they have the following ministries:
– “Cristo Rei”, a boarding school for girls, since the year 2000, where young women are prepared to be good mothers and active and responsible citizens;
– a community high school, since 2012, at the request of the Diocesan Bishop, our sisters are responsible as principals, administrators and teachers;
– heath care service, visiting people in the villages, parishes and in the community in general, through the natural medicine;
– different kinds of pastoral work in two parishes and in several communities in the Diocese;
– the training of diocesan seminarians where the sisters teach several subjects;
The community “Juria Munatswi” in Chimoio was founded in 2001 with the purpose of forming the future sisters of Mozambique. At the moment they have the following ministries:
– formation of aspirants and candidates, preparing them for their postulancy and novitiate in Tanzania;
– several kinds of pastoral work at the parish and community;
– pastoral ministry at the secretariat of the Diocese;
In 2010 the great dream of a Notre Dame School in Mozambique became a reality. It began with a pre-school and now there are two groups of the first class at the Elementary School.